Now a days you hear that lots of people are getting into meditation. I remember back in the early 90’s when Tony Robbins was only preaching motivational stuff and he was a skinny guy and now it seems every picture I see him in, he is in some meditative pose. I guess if Tony discovered meditation, then it can’t be that bad right? Or perhaps you still need more convincing as to why you should start meditating. Below I have some scenarios that might help you with your decision on whether or not you should learn how to meditate.
1. Your close friend calls you and bitches and complains about her boyfriend and you get totally sucked into her drama and your once chipper self (before answering the phone call) has now turned into your friend’s twin and both of you are now in foul angry moods where one look from you can freeze Hell over and you wonder why you can’t seem to shake the bitchiness that has engulfed you.
2. You are at the office and 10 people are calling, texting and messaging you to get reports from you and you are feeling completely overwhelmed.
3. Your life is a gong show filled with chaos and you wonder why life doesn’t seem to want to give you a break.
4. You are about to go into that all so important job interview and you are feeling like a wreck and want to go throw up in the bathroom and you are praying to God that you will make it through that interview without sounding like a total moron.
So what do all these scenarios have in common? They are all situations where you are feeling like you are not in control of the situation or your emotions and that is why meditation might be a good practice for you to pick up. You see, meditation can help you calm the mind and get you focused on what you really want. Meditation has the ability to help you in your daily life as well as in your long term outlook on life. When one meditates they are able to focus more clearly on the objectives they want and that can be to:
– draining unwanted emotions
– help get a fresh new perspective on the situation
– calm oneself down
– focus on what you really want and actually creating that reality
So if meditation sounds intriguing to you, I highly recommend you give it a shot. The easiest way to get started is to follow a short guided
meditation on YouTube that you feel comfortable listening to or start finding some meditation classes or groups in your local area to check out. I will write a blog about meditation basics in the near future so stay tune to keep up to date on my posts.
Love and Peace,